Head of Product Marketing Job Description
We are looking for a Head of Product Marketing to be responsible for successfully launching new solutions into the market, helping create demand and ensuring that sales, marketing and customer success are consistent on messaging.
Managing a team of three product marketers and reporting into the CMO, you’ll take ownership for the product marketing strategy and the execution of it through your team.
Responsibilities of the Head of Product Marketing
- Strategy; you’ll build and execute, through your team, a product marketing strategy to help improve the success of our solutions in the market.
- Management; lead, develop and inspire a team of product marketers.
- Product Champion; help inform the overall marketing strategy with valuable product marketing intelligence. Be the evangelist, internally and externally, for our full solutions set and monitor the performance of solutions to educate key stakeholders.
- Customer Research; build detailed persona’s and gain a deep understanding of the markets we serve to help inform sales and marketing activities.
- Competitor Intelligence; build and keep up to date a competitor comparison matrix. Using this intelligence to inform new product development, pricing strategies and marketing tactics.
- Product Messaging; using customer research and competitor intelligence, develop product positioning and messaging, including differentiators and use cases.
- GTM; work closely with sales and marketing teams to create and support the go-to-market strategy.
- Stakeholder Management; work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders and regularly present to the board.
Head of Product Marketing Requirements
- Previous people management experience in a pure product marketing role for a SaaS business.
- The ability to understand and articulate technical concepts and translate these into compelling, commercial, customer focussed communications.
- Data driven, measured and results focussed.
- Experience of presenting product marketing plans and concepts at board level.
- Strong understanding of all elements of the product marketing process.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with diverse teams.
- Degree educated.