Head of Product Management Job Description
We’re looking for a Head of Product Management to lead and grow our enterprise platform development function.
Managing a team of 8 and reporting into the CTO, you’ll take ownership for the platform vision and roadmap, including the full product lifecycle process.
Responsibilities of the Head of Product Management
- Strategy; take ownership for the success of our platform by owning the roadmap and the entire product management lifecycle.
- Management; lead, develop and inspire a team of product managers.
- Research; stay ahead of customer requirements, technological developments and competitor activity to maintain our platforms market leading status.
- Product Development; through your team help build the business case for new product development, involve stakeholders to get buy-in, communicate the vision to the wider teams and help translate higher level plans into detailed requirements whilst overseeing development.
- Product Launches; strategically support the introduction of new products internally and externally by evangelising in company and team meetings, and speaking at external events and with customers.
- In-life Product Management; implement and manage success metrics for the product whilst taking responsibility for the entire product lifecycle.
- Stakeholder Management; work with a variety of stakeholders across sales, finance, marketing, operations, customer success and development and make sure plans, roadmaps and projects are communicated accordingly.
Head of Product Management Requirements
- Senior product management experience for an enterprise software or platform business.
- Excellent strategic ability with a pragmatic approach.
- Experience of presenting business cases at board level.
- Strong understanding of all elements of the entire product management process.
- Track record in managing people.
- Customer centric approach and ability manage customer expectations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with diverse teams.
- Degree educated.