Marketing Automation Manager Job Description
We are looking to hire a Marketing Automation Manager into our business. In this role you’ll own the marketing technology stack and work closely with marketing, sales, product and data teams to plan and deliver ideas that drive customer acquisition, solution adoption and customer retention. With a strong understanding of marketing technology and best practices, you’ll help turn business requirements into reality, so all teams have the technology and insights they need to continuously improve customer acquisition and customer experience.
Responsibilities of the Marketing Automation Manager
- Strategy; set the short and long-term vision for every stage of the customer lifecycle, developing a strategy and roadmap to deliver the vision.
- Stakeholder Management; collaborate with a variety of stakeholders from across the business to identify opportunities for marketing technology to reduce costs, increase sales and improve efficiencies.
- MarTech; manage and deliver the marketing technology stack to help support our marketing and customer acquisition teams, including day to day operations and troubleshooting.
- Data; be the protector of marketing data, it’s accurate and adheres to company privacy and data management policies.
- Journey Optimisation; work with data teams to analyse the effectiveness of customer acquisition and retention campaigns and the impact they have on end-to-end customer experience.
- Collaboration; train and upskill the marketing team, develop governance and use best practice methods and to ensure successful delivery of email marketing campaigns.
Marketing Automation Manager Requirements
- Experience in marketing automation or a wider digital marketing role for a high growth B2B Technology business.
- Experience in setting up automated campaigns in Marketo or similar marketing automation platforms.
- Experience in implementing web tracking technologies (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Snowflake etc).
- Expertise in translating complex data into actionable insights for stakeholders.
- Ability to pivot quickly and make fast decisions based on changing needs in a high growth environment.
- Strategic mindset that can see beyond the day-to-day to help the business achieve long-term customer acquisition and retention goals.
- Comfortable with working to tight deadlines and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and project management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks across multiple projects.
- Knowledge of GDPR, PECR and other relevant privacy regulations.