Senior Marketing Communications Manager Job Description
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Communications Manager to be responsible for our communications plan and work to enhance brand equity, improve employee engagement and help the business achieve its objectives.
Reporting into the Head of Marketing Communications, you will plan and execute a wide variety of internal and external communications activities, and work closely with internal department heads and our external PR agency.
Responsibilities of the Senior Marketing Communications Manager
- Planning; you'll recommend, plan and deliver an integrated marketing communications strategy and plan that enhances brand equity and assists the business in achieving its company objectives, destination (Vision) and journey (Values).
- Corporate Relations; you'll plan, develop, implement and measure marketing, communications and public & corporate relations activities, both external and internal, delivering measurable projects and campaigns on time, within budget and to a consistently high quality.
- Sales Support; devise innovative strategies and campaigns to support the sales team, in order to generate high quality new sales leads.
- Collateral; develop and implement specific collateral to support effective selling, brand development, communications and public & corporate relations activities.
- Agency Management; manage all media and public relations including direct contact with the press and management of any 3rd party agencies.
- Crisis Communications; be the central point of contact for crisis communications as a result of operational failure or disaster which has the potential to escalate to external media.
- Social Media; own our social media approach and channels including setting the architecture, training and governing use and managing escalations.
- Brand; Manage, develop and control the brand in all media both internally and externally
- Corporate Communications; manage and develop corporate communications to customers such as newsletters, briefings and other such communications
- Campaign Management; work with the marketing team to develop integrated marketing campaigns that reach our audience in the most time and cost effective way. All campaigns should be integrated with sales to ensure timely and effective follow up to maximise ROI.
- Internal Communications; manage and deliver a consistent message to employees to drive engagement.
- Budget; Management and forecasting of the annual marketing communications budget.
Senior Marketing Communications Manager Requirements
- A proven background in business-to-business marketing, with extensive general marketing and communications experience.
- Expertise in developing integrated communications programmes, drawing on all areas of the marketing mix including direct marketing, CRM, events and digital channels.
- Experience of managing external agencies and suppliers.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels up to executive levels.
- Analytical skills together with the ability to resolve problems and make decisions under pressure.
- Experience of media, corporate and public affairs directly and through agencies.
- Expertise in brand management.
- Ability to identify key messages, audiences and channels and formulate a communications strategy across them all.
- Strong communications skills including copy writing.
- Marketing degree/IDM Diploma and/or relevant work experience.