Head of Marketing Communications Job Description
We are looking for a Head of Marketing Communications who can take ownership for our communications plan and work to drive brand relevance, consistency and engagement across all touchpoints.
You and your team will plan and execute a wide variety of internal and external communications activities, and work closely with teams across marketing, sales and our external agencies.
Responsibilities of the Head of Marketing Communications
- Strategy; reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, you'll have full ownership over our communications strategy and deliver campaigns that drive brand, reputational and commercial growth.
- Team Management; lead and motivate a full time marketing communications team of six and a wider freelance network of four.
- Agency Management; be responsible for the direction, output and performance of our PR agency.
- Stakeholder Management; work collaboratively with stakeholders across the business so they understand our positioning and what our brand stands for.
- StoryTelling; identify, frame and bring to life stories that brings our vision to life and strengthens our reputation.
- Internal Communications; be responsible for employee engagement and internal communications as well as working with the C-suite on their own personal communication tactics.
- Brand; take the reigns for our brand refresh and work to develop a suite of multimedia content to target our audience.
- Content; preparing, writing and editing internal and external materials e.g. employee onboarding, client collaterals, company presentations, thought leadership articles, newsletters, press releases, blogs, videos, etc.
- Crisis Management; put together a robust crisis communications plan and ensure its communicated to the board and senior leadership team.
Head of Marketing Communications Requirements
- Experienced Communications professional, with 8-10 years experience
- Experienced in working at a tech start-up or high growth B2B business
- Experienced in internal corporate communications and /or external communications, social / digital marketing, employee engagement
- Ability to think strategically and commercially
- Strong understanding of social media in a professional setting and how to leverage social media/viral messaging as part of a PR strategy
- Experienced in leading projects from start to finish
- Able to build and manage a multidisciplinary team (i.e. copywriters, brand & communications associates, product/service marketers, etc.)
- Experienced in managing internal stakeholders and external 3rd party partners
- A team player who is positive, hands on and able to get the best out of a team
- Drive and resilience to deliver excellence amidst tight timelines and changing circumstances
- Articulate written, visual and verbal communicator, excellent copy accuracy and proofreading skills; fluency in English is essential