Senior Content Marketing Manager Job Description
We are looking for a strategic yet hands on content marketer to help our business elevate our content marketing efforts. This is a newly created role to support the Head of Marketing, and working alongside a digital marketer and field marketer. Overall, you’ll take the lead on developing our content strategy and align the business goals to the content marketing tactics you decide on. Whilst there’s an element of strategy we also want you to enjoy writing and creating content our audience loves.
Responsibilities of the Senior Content Marketing Manager
- Strategy; work with the Head of Content Marketing to define and deliver the content marketing strategy.
- Management; manage a freelance writer and be responsible for their workload and output.
- Content Creation; create content (blogs, e-books, whitepapers, podcasts, video, webinars) to be used at every stage of the funnel with a focus on being helpful.
- Inbound Marketing; follow the inbound marketing methodology to optimise content for search.
- Content Promotion; use social channels to promote content, manage our monthly newsletter and write guest blogs.
- Sales Support; create a variety of content – case studies, presentations or internal sales support materials – to help the sales team.
- Marketing Automation; manage Hubspot and work with sales to ensure leads are followed up on.
- Analysis; share analytics and reports about how our content marketing efforts are doing.
Senior Content Marketing Manager Requirements
- Content marketing experience for a B2B Technology business.
- You’ll be able to build a content marketing strategy and also love being hands on
- Excellent written skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- You’ll be able to show success in building an inbound marketing engine and have a good understanding of SEO.
- Previous experience of using Hubspot (or similar) would be an advantage.