Head of Content Marketing Job Description
We are looking for a content marketing leader who can take ownership for our content marketing team and help create a content marketing strategy that drives inbound leads, builds awareness of our solutions with our target audience and continues to position us as a thought leader in our market. Reporting into the CMO, you'll work alongside teams focussed on digital, demand generation, product marketing, brand and account based marketing so it's important that you enjoy working collaboratively.
Responsibilities of the Head of Content Marketing
- Strategy; with the CMO, you’ll be responsible for creating the content marketing strategy and its successful implementation.
- Budget; you’ll manage a six figure content marketing budget
- Team Management; lead and motivate a full time content marketing team of four.
- Agency Management; be responsible for the output and performance of our content marketing agency.
- Stakeholder Management; work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders across sales, product management, product marketing and marketing to ensure there is buy in and understanding about future plans, tactics and campaigns.
- Content Marketing; oversee the execution of a variety of content marketing activities – thought leadership, community marketing, white papers, podcast, video – ensuring quality is high.
- ROI / Analysis; report to the board and the wider marketing team about successes and always be looking for new opportunities which we can capitalise on.
Head of Content Marketing Requirements
- You’ll have held a leader role in a content marketing focussed role for a Technology business.
- Demonstrable experience of building a content marketing strategy that impacts business results.
- Excellent written skills with the ability to present at board level and inspire a team.
- Broad experience across content marketing channels and a thirst to continue testing and learning.
- Track record of managing external marketing agencies.
- Budget management experience.