Content Writer Job Description
We are seeking a Content Writer as an addition to our marketing team. The Content Writer is responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content with the goal of helping us achieve our business goals. You’ll also be responsible for raising brand awareness by sharing content, monitoring web traffic and tracking our keyword performance. Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable, refined skills in creative writing. You should be detail oriented and able to work proficiently under pressure.
Responsibilities of the Content Writer
- Research; help come up with topic ideas by researching keyword performance, analyse competitor websites and look at industry trends.
- Writing; write both short form and long form copy for a variety of marketing channels and adapt the tone depending on the audience you are writing for.
- SEO; write with a style suited to the persona but ensure content is optimised for search and in line with the keywords we are targeting.
- Content Marketing; help promote content across online and offline channels.
- Sales Support; write case studies, presentations or internal sales support materials for the sales team.
- Design; work with an external graphic designer to ensure content is on-brand.
Content Writer Requirements
- Strong writing experience gained in a B2B environment.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to adapt tone for a variety of audiences or channels.
- Track record in producing a wide variety of content.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.