Content Marketing Manager Job Description
We are looking for a creative and analytical content marketer to help our business continue its growth success. Our business is on an exciting journey and currently achieving hockey stick growth, and we want to create content to help our customers and prospects solve their problems, in an engaging and thoughtful way.
Reporting into the Head of Content Marketing, and managing external freelance copywriters, you'll be involved in the full content marketing process from strategy and keyword research to writing, promotion and analysis.
Responsibilities of the Content Marketing Manager
- Content Creation; create a wide variety of content (blogs, e-books, whitepapers, podcasts, video, webinars) to be used at all stages of the marketing funnel and to help with awareness building, build thought leadership and drive conversions.
- SEO; ensure all content is optimised for search engines, build links to web content to increase page authority and track performance across keywords.
- Content Marketing; promote content across social channels, create and send our monthly newsletter and repurpose content to maximise exposure.
- Sales Support; support the sales team by producing content to help them in the sales process. This could be case studies, presentations or internal sales support materials.
- Marketing Automation; work with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure that landing pages are built in Hubspot and take ownership for email nurturing sequences.
- Analysis; report on the success of our content marketing efforts.
Content Marketing Manager Requirements
- Content marketing experience for a B2B SaaS or Cloud business.
- Good balance between creativity and analytical skills.
- Excellent written skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Track record of building an inbound marketing engine with a good understanding of SEO.
- Previous knowledge of using a marketing automation platform would be an advantage.