Chief Marketing Officer Job Description
We are looking for a CMO who will be instrumental in driving the growth of our business as we move towards achieving 100M customers. Sitting on the executive team, you'll be there to set the overall marketing strategy and help us achieve our ambitious growth plans by creating and implementing a high growth marketing plan.
Responsibilities of the Chief Marketing Officer
- Strategy; create and implement the marketing strategy that complements the business' high growth objectives.
- Positioning; work with the CEO and Executive team on all aspects of competitive strategy, value proposition development, go-to-market planning and work closely with various stakeholders to bring this to life.
- Demand Generation; build a lead generation engine using a variety of tactics (inbound, thought leadership, digital, outbound) to drive a more consistent and predictable number of MQL's / SQL's.
- MarTech; build the marketing technology stack needed to support our growth.
- Partner Marketing; commercially ignite our 'strategic partner' status with IBM and other strategic System Integrator partners so we can position ourselves to gain more share of the opportunities available, working closely with the Partner Sales teams in the process.
- People Management; lead and coach a team of marketers, raising the profile of marketing as a profit centre within the business.
- Budget Management; manage and report on the budget.
Chief Marketing Officer Requirements
- B2B marketing experience from the Technology sector ‚Äì software experience in SaaS environments would be preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience of working for a SME / High Growth StartUp business.
- Strong strategic and planning ability, with high intellect.
- Hands on approach, you'll love executing not just managing and directing.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking at external events and partner meetings.
- Marketing Degree / Masters.