We are looking for a smart, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious person to join our Marketing Communications team. To succeed here, you'll need to be a creative self-starter who is willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. You need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across global marketing communications, engineering and beyond.
We are a 150-year-old company, but our Marketing Communications team is just getting started, which means that there is abundant opportunity for you to grow within the team. This is a role that will provide you with exposure to all our marketing and communications disciplines where you will have opportunities to work on, and influence projects far beyond your experience level.
We are a NYSE-listed company that has experienced substantial global growth over the past several years with aggressive growth plans in the years to come. We are 10,000 employees strong, who work in more than 40 countries sharing the common vision of providing environmental solutions to industrial challenges to build a better tomorrow.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will work in close collaboration across departments and countries, with ample chances to exercise your honed writing and editing skills, as well as project management and organisational experience, to create a wide range of content for print, social media, web and video production.
Additionally, your passion for marketing and communications will encompass the planning and execution of internal and external marketing collateral, events, and special projects that support and promote the company’s positive brand image, globally.
This position will also exercise your love for all things social with the enviable task of keeping current with emerging social and digital trends and technologies. Fundamentally, we are looking for someone who is genuinely passionate about the environment with exceptional organisational and administrative skills to support our nimble team within a fast-paced culture.
- Assist the Marketing Communications Manager in day-to-day activities
- Assist with the production of marketing and communications materials and literature, such as web content, social updates, brochures and press releases.
- Upload material to the website(s), social media channels, online libraries and marketing department databases
- Assist with the collation of information for promotional literature
- Write press releases and proof-read copy
- Evaluate marketing and communications campaigns using tracking and analytical software and assess the results
- Help with presentations by assembling videos, slideshows and analyses of competitors
- Assist in coordinating of Trade shows and exhibitions, (attend as required)
- Maintain our divisional intranet
- Generate Purchase Orders for the marketing communications function
- Assist with the production of internal newsletters
- Provide ad-hoc customer, competitor and market analysis and research
- Create and maintain an editorial and content calendar for all internal and external business communications.
- Qualified candidates with have a bachelor’s degree in Communications or Marketing
- 2+ years of experience in Marketing or Communications, including writing/editing, major meeting and event planning, and development of creative materials.
- Strong understanding of Branding and Marketing concepts and Communications
- Familiarity with web-based content management, customer relationship management and social media.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, InDesign), and superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires ability to travel (less than 10%)
- Works under minimal supervision; comfortable multitasking