Senior Product Marketing Manager Job Description
We are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager with strategic leadership, deep analytical thinking and extensive experience in delivering compelling and differentiated solution messaging to position us effectively vs. the competition and help us hit our business goals out of the park.
This global role centers around understanding our target buyers, their pain points and how to translate that into customer solutions that you can communicate through audience-specific content conveying our vision and strategy. You'll also focus on target market needs and trends while collaborating with Marketing Demand Generation to deliver innovative programs to grow sales opportunities and customer adoption.
Responsibilities of the Senior Product Marketing Manager
- Product Champion; work closely with Solution Heads and the Product Team, both to understand the strategic direction of our platform and to influence the direction of the roadmap through your understanding of the market and buyer needs.
- Customer Research; regularly engage with customers to refine target segments, personas and pain points for each solution
- Competitor Intelligence; use competitor intelligence to inform product development, pricing and marketing activities.
- Product Messaging; develop solution positioning and messaging by understanding the market and the challenges key buyer personas face in solving complex security and cybersecurity challenges.
- Sales Enablement; enable the sales teams at all levels on our value proposition and messaging.
- GTM; work closely with regional marketing and sales teams to make sure their field plans are infused with rich knowledge about our solutions, target markets and buyers.
- Marketing; Identify, develop and/or manage the creation of a variety of content types ‚Äì written, videos, presentations, etc. as needed to fuel sales and marketing success.
- Stakeholder Management; work cross-functionally to define and develop comprehensive go-to-market plans for our solutions, including pricing models. And work closely with other product marketers to ensure positioning and messaging meshes across all solutions to create a ‚Äúwhole greater than the sum of its parts‚Äù effect across our platform.
Senior Product Marketing Manager Requirements
- Pure product marketing experience from the enterprise software or SaaS sectors
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Operates at a tactical and strategic level.
- Excellent people and project management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams.
- Experience developing graphically interesting and compelling presentations and collateral. Knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi and Photoshop a plus.
- Very strong communication skills; verbal and written.
- Strong public speaking skills and experience presenting to small and large audiences.
- Ability to operate in a fast-moving, fast-growing, ever-changing environment.
- Self-starter; able to determine own path to success, rather than needing extensive direction.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a blend of firmness and conviction with diplomacy and a constructive attitude.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in a matrixed environment and across multiple time-zones.